During this week the commission decided to take us on a field trip to the Crime lab in Arizona. It was a different experience and I got to witness many things. The rooms were set up similar to CSI; PRETTY COOL. I was impress because the media like to portray a fancy to people. Although the room layouts were similar, the way you get the information for any investigation does not come that easy like CSI makes it seem. They have evidence that will take up hours, days, weeks and even months. What really stood out to me was when we were taken to a lab where they examine handwriting, money and anything that has to do with writing or a victim or suspect. We saw how a five dollar bill was wash and printed as a twenty dollars bill. That was very impressive how people take the time to do such act.
For future reference I now know where to look to determine where a bill is fake or not or if the bill has been washed.
How fun! I love how they can use handwriting and other clues to help with a case!
ReplyDelete